Friday, January 8, 2010

Getting Divorce need advice?

Single father needs advice?


I am new to this. So I have 6 daughters 2 sons. I have full custody of them. There mom and I right now are separated it has been over a year now. She has a little angry issue and she works all kinds of hours she is a detective and a lawyer.


We are not divorce yet. I still love her. But i have to think about the kids.


My 6,8,12 year old daughters are daddy's girls, i think my 4 year old will be one.





My daughters are 2 years old, 4 years old, 6 years old, 8 years old, 12 years old, 14 years old,





My sons are 16 years old and 10 years old.





Since I am a single dad of 8. I have many question.


1.Is it ok for my 12, 8, and 6 year old girls to sleep in my bed?


2.My 12 year old and 8 year old and 6 year old want me to help them wash there hair when they take a bath. Is that ok?


3.Is it ok for me to dress my 12 year ,8 year, 6 year olds get dress they always want me to help them. Is it ok?


4.Is it ok for me to put makeup on my 2,4,6,8,12 year olds?


5.How can i get my 14 year old daughter to understand that It is not my fault that there mom left?





I am ok with letting my daughters sleep with me when they need to.


i am ok with getting them cleaned and dressed. I am trying to keep them happy.





My question are.


1. Is it ok for my 12,8,6 year olds to sleep in my bed?


2. Is it ok for me to help my 12,8,6 years old take a bath?


3. Is it ok for me to help get them dress?


4 is it ok for me to put makeup on my 2,4,6,8,12 year olds?


5. How can i get my 14 year old daughter to understand that It is not my fault that there mom left?


I will do anything to keep my kids happy? Not getting back together with there mom


6 how can i get my wife to sign the divorce papersGetting Divorce need advice?
You ARE in a tricky situation, Dad!-





Wean the girls to their own beds or encourage them to share beds with each other (keep their single beds though, they will get on each other's nerves).





If the littlest ones insist on sneaking into your bed, sleep in pajamas, and let them bring their own blankets. Lay under your own and let them lay under theirs, then put them back in their beds when they fall asleep.





No, 12 and 8 year old girls do not need help bathing. The best approach may be to help wash hair at the sink right before or after bathing.





No, they do not need help dressing. If they do, they can help each other. If they really need your help, they are certainly old enough to put on t-shirts, etc on their own.





2, 4, 6, and 8 are very young for make up! Chap stick and clear or light pink nail polish, go crazy!!! Anything else, bad idea- even if they beg!! (Glitter can cut your eyes if you're not careful, so watch the 2 and 4 year olds.)





It has to be very difficult for these little ladies (and gents) to ';lose'; their mother at these ages; in ways they can't even articulate. With so many, be careful to find a little uninterrupted one-on-one time with each of them at least once per week. Even if it is only 30 minutes. It WILL matter, even if it does not seem so outwardly. This may be the root of the ';dress me';, ';bathe me';, ';bed time'; routines.





I do not know anything about your household, your children, or your relationship with their mother; but, try not to say anything negative about her mom in front of her even if she probes. If she is blaming you she will be looking to fuel her fire, especially if she is a ';mama's baby';. Try to work in positive comments about mom so she doesn't have so much ammo. Treat her like all the ';daddy's girls'; because she probably feels like an outcast right now, even though you aren't attempting to make her feel that way.





If she has spent 13-14 year 'allied' with mom, she has just lost her best friend in the world, and YOU represent the enemy because you were already everyone else's favorite. She probably figures ';If he doesn't like mom anymore, it won't be long before he doesn't like me anymore either because I'm like her.'; {The mind of the teen-aged girl is quite like that, I've been one.}





Good luck!Getting Divorce need advice?
yet another pedophile father, get a woman will ya weirdo, get a job and stop getting your jollies off your children,, NO LAWYER LIVES AT A POLICE STATION.
are you serious?
ok ok i see you do need some help. luckily my dad raised me and my 2 siblings by himself so it can be done. to answer your questions:


1. while it is not gross and perverted to let your kids sleep in your bed, your wife may make it look bad in court and once you've been accused of something like that, it never goes away, so you should try not to let them sleep with you.


2. yes, it is ok to help them take a bath, and even better if they are bathing at least 2 at a time (just so no questions are raised).


3. it is ok to help the younger children dree but your 12 year old should be dressing herself by now, with you checking the outfit to make sure it is appropriate.


4. the only time it is ok for you to put makeup on those girls is when they are playing dressup in the home. you should not let them leave the house with makeup (except a bit of mascara for the 14 yr old). it will make them look cheap and easy prey for pedophiles.


5. thats a hard one. try to explain that her mommy has problems and she needs help before she can come back. exlain that you did not want things to go this way but because you both love the kids so much, you both decided that she should leave until she got help.


6. talk to a lawyer and proceed without her if you need to. i hope this helps and i wish you all the best.
I would discourage your daughters from sleeping in your bed. It's really not appropriate at their age, and how the heck would they all fit in there anyway.





When I divorced, my sons aged 11 and 15 at the time, weirded out a bit after their father left. My youngest was especially clingly (he had some emmotional problems in the first place), he did not want to be away from me. We all slept in the living room for a short period of time; I dragged the mattresses off their beds and I slept on the couch.





It is ok to help your daughters bath and dress if absolutely necessary but truthfully they are old enough to do this themselves-especially at 12. I understand they might be feeling clingy because of the divorce situation but they really should be bathing and dressing themselves.





No, don't put makeup on them.





You need to be lovinging and supportive of your children, but don't do ';anything'; to make them happy. Kids in this situation, especially the older they get will try to manipulate you. Remember you have to be a father first-and then the friend. In other words kids need parents to set boundaries-don't let them do whatever they want just to make them happy.
If you are in the United States and have a 12 year old daughter sleep in your bed and/or you bathe her, you are risking some serious legal issues. I am a risk averse person - so I wouldn't have allowed my daughters to sleep in bed with just ';me'; at all. They slept in bed with me and my wife up til they were about a year. And until maybe 7-8 if they were ';sick'; at night or had a terrible dream. But it was always me and my wife.
children need their own beds


i think anyone 5 and up can take a shower by themselves. just check up on them to see how they are doing...like knock the door and say is it okay in there?? tell them they are going to turn into big girls now.


i dont think your children are old enough for makeup, i am older than your oldest by a year and i rarely use makeup.


just sit down and talk to your daughter and tell her what really happened, the parts she is old enough to handle.


just explain to your wife that you think it is the best for the both of you to separate, assure her that you will take care of the kids.
I work for Social Services. I agree with tellinit, except NO the girls can not sleep in your bed. NO you can not help them take a bath. The 14 and 12 yr. olds can help the younger ones with their baths. The 4 yr old is the only one you can help get dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment