Friday, January 8, 2010

My parents might divorce? Any advice?

Okay, I am 13 years old. My mom and I were sitting on the couch one day, and my mom said she might divorce my father, because ';He is not exciting.';....... My mom is 50 years old. I really don't think 50 might be the most ';exciting'; point of her life, don't you think? I am 100% sure that we don't have any financial problems and they haven't been fighting. It's just that, my mom... well.... thinks my dad is, boring...? I really think that it isn't a good reason, but let me just say, it's MY OPINION. I said to her, ';You know, I'm pretty sure no one wants to marry you at THAT age'; She said, ';Well, you see many 60 or 70 year olds get divorced today'; And then, I stood silent for a while.





Then, she asked me, ';Will this affect you?'; I answered with a simple, ';I don't know,'; because I haven't really thought about it. But, now, I think it is a really BIG deal. I don't want my parents to divorce. And, I don't consider my dad ';boring'; at all. I know I'm not in the position to do this, but... I'm stuck in my own mess.





Any advice?My parents might divorce? Any advice?
My parents split up when I was 11, and were officially divorced when I was like 13 or something. Now I'm 16. My situation was a little different than yours though (alcoholism, etc). Just remember, that this is your parents decision, and if they are not happy together anymore, than there is nothing you can do about that. Don't try and lie to either of them, and be honest with how you feel. In my opinion, your mom should not have told you behind your dad's back, before talking with him. Hang in there pal :)My parents might divorce? Any advice?
Tell your mom that it WILL affect you. she might change her mind specially if there is no good reason for divorce. Also, try to play a role in this. You can do it blv me. Children have a very good impact and influence on their parents. Do things together, sports, music, watch movies,...etc. You are still young and you need both of them. If you need anything, please let me know. Good luck
Your Mother may just be going through ';the change';. Could that make


her selfish? I don't know. I would get them together and bring it up so


that they both understand how you feel. I'm hoping they will make an


effort to be there for each other as well as you. You can even show this


answer to your Mother and see if it doesn't give her pause.
Your mom needs to seek counseling. Lack of excitement at 50 is what most people are hoping for. It would be good if your parents went to marriage counseling, but I think your mother really needs to go to counseling and make a life. She's in a midlife crisis.
Well, to be honest, you probably shouldn't do anything. What's their business is their business and, I'm sorry, but their isn't really anything you can do about it.
My parents divorced for the same reason, but after awhile you get used to the divorce and start to think if your parents got back together (this would be about a year later) it would be weird. Good luck :)
Ask you're mom if you can talk with your dad about what she said.





Yes, your life would change big time.
Where you are only 13 I will be very careful how I word this. Your mom might have other reasons she wants the divorce that she is not willing to say right now. Perhaps either a marriage counselor or a weekend for the two of them away would help. They need to spice or rekindle that feeling they had so many years ago and that you can not do for them. If yu have a grandparent you are close to ask them for advice only they know your mom and dad best (besides you) but this is a grown up problem.
Well first of all, think. Does your parents thinking about having a divorce affect you in any way? I mean how long have they been married? And if for a long time, it would be stupid ( no offense ) to divorce if you've been with someone you love for a long time.





Well here's some advice. Talk to your dad and see how he feels and tell him or advise him to try to win your mom's heart back by being


'; exciting'; ( Whatever adults think '; Exciting'; really is) . And even ask your mom what your dad has or at least try to do and then tell your dad.





Hopefully everything goes great between your mom and dad and if you have any other questions about my thoughts, just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment