Friday, April 30, 2010

Advice on divorce and selling property needed?

Hi





I have recently split with my wife, it has been a very short marriage, with no children involved.





We will be getting divorced, but can鈥檛 apply for divorce until we have been married for one year. Therefore our priority is selling our home. The problem is, my partner is messing me around and changing her mind as to whether she wants to sell up, rent the property out or buy me out. (I am certain buying me out is her preferred option). We have had our mortgage for 2 years.





I have told my solicitor the above who has advised me to cease payments on the mortgage, I have done this and my partner is now paying the mortgage. I was wondering if this could come back and 鈥榖ite鈥?me and if I will need to pay for the months I haven鈥檛 contributed to the mortgage repayments at a later date.





Also, since I ceased payment on the mortgage, the locks to the property have been changed. Was she allowed to do this as I stopped my contributions?





Any advice or other peoples experiences would be very much appreciated.Advice on divorce and selling property needed?
Since you have a lawyer, ask him all these questions.Advice on divorce and selling property needed?
legally she can't put you out but in court they can make you repay you half if she ask for it
You stopped paying your share of the mortgage;your wife is paying it all; so for the months that you do not pay until it sells or she buys you out you will be responsible for your half;they can take it out of your share of the profits after final sale because she will have bank proof that you did not pay for that period of time.


The locks on the property has been changed for her safety and the fact that you should have no access to something you are not paying for;if you walked and left her with the bills then it might be considered abandonment and you might not be entitled to anything except what you took when you left; to find out you would have to check the laws in your region; or state.

No comments:

Post a Comment