Friday, April 30, 2010

I need advice about divorce.?

My husband and I have been married nearly 13 yrs. He has been spending alot of time with my brother who is addicted to drugs. I know my husband has been lightly using as well. We constantly argue about him hanging around my brother because I don't trust him. But yet he disrespects me and goes anyway. He was fired from his last job because he couldn't pass a random drug test but yet he still expects me to trust him. After all the fighting i've finally gotten to where I don't care. I can't even smile around him, he makes me angry. So should I trust him and let it go or ask for a divorce?I need advice about divorce.?
There is no such thing as 'lightly using' drugs. You are either a user, or you are not a user. If your husband lies to you, sneaks around with your untrustworthy brother, and can't hold a job... it doesn't bode well. He has shown you clearly that he can't be trusted... yet he expects it of you.





As I see it, you have 2 choices. You can try to get him to turn his life around... and stick by him... and hope it all works out...


OR


You can walk. Try a separation at first... some counselling... either for both of you or just you... and see where it leads.





If I was in your situation, I would do what I could before I took the 'divorce' route. Divorce should be the last option.I need advice about divorce.?
Trust him and let it go. If he's only using recreationally it's akin to drinking a couple beers after work. Just because somebody made it illegal doesn't mean you should revolve your life around it.
Try and talk it out. Generally there should be an ultimatum like, you need to stop doing drugs or seek help, if not I am leaving and there's no turning back. Don't fall back on your promise.
You should ask him if he thinks he has a problem and if he is willing to get treatment
He's hooked on drugs. it has already cost him his job. Leave him.
If he makes you so sad- leave him and move on!


Life is too short.
Tell him outright that he has a choice to make in life. Drugs and your brother, or you and a family. Let him make the decision. If he say's you, as oppossed to your brother, lay down the law. Tell him you will give him random drug test's from the pharmacy whenever you feel like it for the next year at a minimum, and that if he fails one, he is out the door. When you tell him that, watch his reaction. It will tell you how serious he is about being with you.


Honestly, I would just send him down the road!! Addictions are good grounds for divorce.


He has shown you that he isn't trustworthy, and it is his responsiblility to prove that he can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment