Friday, April 30, 2010

How do I support my friend? She is asking for advice, she wants a divorce?

My friend is 23. She met her husband, got engaged after two months and married him when she had known him for only 9 months.





She has been married for a little over a year. I noticed she has seemed unhappy and I asked her if everything was okay.





She told me that she has known since after the honeymoon that her husband was not the right man for her.





She says he is a good person, but she realized she was never in love with him and rushed to get married.





She said she wants a divorce and he doesn't because he loves her.





She tried counseling and feels that nothing is going to make her truly love him.





She was going to leave him a month ago, but he freaked and she promised to give it another shot.





But she said to me, ';How long do I have to try before I leave? I know this wasn't suppose to be.';





I feel horrible for her. How can I help her get thru this?How do I support my friend? She is asking for advice, she wants a divorce?
Just lend her an ear and she will have to come up with her own decision and solution. Have you wondered what made her be in such a hurry to start with? You can't do anything for her, she needs to learn from her own mistakes.How do I support my friend? She is asking for advice, she wants a divorce?
Live and learn! she must be true to herself first, Time to go before he starts trying to get her pregnant or something. Men will go to great lenghts to keep a woman they love, she will probably be more turned off the harder he tries, he needs to let her go and keep his dignity as well as her respect!
The only thing you can do is support her in what ever decision she makes. It sounds as though she has tried all the usual things, maybe she should try a trial separation, sometimes absence really does make the heart grow fonder. Good luck
I'm sorry, but she has no grounds for divorce, either ethically or legally if that man loves her and is faithful. I would simply let her know that and try to help her make the marriage last.





Divorce is the easy usual cop-out. When a person makes a vow to remain together for life, it means exactly that unless the other person is unfaithful.





I really don't know what to say, and it's not like I want her to be unhappy. I know that divorce would be the wrong thing, so this is a tough one.
You could so get into trouble w/ this! You have to tell her that she is the only one who can answer those kind of questions for herself. She has to do her own soul searching, you cannot tell her. Just tell her no matter what she does you will always be there for her and be her friend.
give her dumb as* a phone number for a divorce lawyer





and next time if she tries to make such a stupid mistake bash head head in with a blunt rock or something





poor guy married a dumb girl that was just into the thrill of it all, feel sory for the dude
she shouldnt have rushed into marriage so quickly, she have waited. she should just leave.
Since she is already married, she must remember that marriage is a bond, a promise, a vow.





Even if she now knows that he is not the right man for her, she should still try to love him, try to cherish him. And if she does believes in God. Ask God for advice, and He will provide the way for them.





Cause a marriage is supposed to be a blessing and more blessings. A break will break the blessings and will of course break many people hearts and hopes.





If she really still have doubts you can get her to msg me via email.. and I would be happy to answer those questions to the max of my abilities..





Cheers!
Warning, no matter what, she may resent you for your advice, I'd try just consoling her. Now, tell her if you must to get out of the relationship now. It's not fair to either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment