Friday, April 30, 2010

Divorce sucks.any advice?

well my parents are getting divorced. but they are already seperated. but my mom is in texas and im in north carolina. and im living with my dad. im not sure who to pick to live with. i feel like im being ripped in


two. if i move to texas then i will be loosing half of my friends. and if i stay here then i will.get to see my mom in the summer and at christmas and stuff. but all my moms family is in texas. but i feel like my mom is being selfish. i dont wanna live in texas. and i think im staying here. cause i have liveed here my whole life. just tell me what you would do please? thank you so much.Divorce sucks.any advice?
Thanks for answering my question about Tattoos. I've been divorced for 8 years now. When the Ex and I decided to get divorced, the first thing we agreed on was that our son came first. We agreed that we would Never use him to get back at one another. Unfortunately that is what a lot of parents do and they don't even realize it. Be sure to tell both of your parents about this and have them agree to each other not to do this. Also, my Ex and I went through some counseling while we were separated so we could learn how to talk to each other without being hurtful. It has helped a lot and we are now very good friends.


Talk to your parents and let them know how you feel about this divorce and how it has effected your life. Tell them what you want and hopefully they will put you and your needs before their own.Divorce sucks.any advice?
You wrote that your Mom's family is in Texas, so that is why she probably needed to settle there. That is, maybe she needed family to help her get on her feet or her career is in Texas, etc. Thank goodness you are not loosing either parent and you get to see both often. Do what feels comfortable to you. If you change your mind down the road you still have a ';home'; to go to.



Not all decisions need to be made right now. I moved from Michigan to North Carolina in November. My daughter completed her junior year in Michigan and decided to move to NC this summer and finish school down here. I did not push for this. My family is in NC. My ex husbands family is in MI. I thought my daughter was staying in MI. She changed her mind.





Make the choice that is best for you. Take your time.



I am sorry to tell you this but it seems like your mom has picked her family over you.Why did she move so far away anyways?Doesn't she miss you,doesn't she want to be close to you?Ask you mom to move close to you.I would never leave my kids.I don't care about the rest.If i don't see them one day,my heart aches.sorry,just being honest here.
If you think divorce sucks when you are an affected child,





You ought to try living through it as a parent.





You have to think about what is best for your children, even if it rips you apart inside.





Sorry I can't help you. Yes Divorce Sucks.





I hope it gets better for you





Good luck
Go where you think you'll be happy. My parents split when I was 12 and it was so strange for me. They didn't move far apart but things get easier. Good luck and god bless
stay wherever you feel like, and visit them time to time, it's all cool- do whatever you like
while i can not tell you where to live, one thing i have to say is that while your mum may seem like she is being selfish, you should not judge her too harshly on it. when your mum gave birth to you, she gave up a big part of her life and who she is. if she has been living in an unhappy marriage for a while, then she has been giving up a lot just to try to keep you and your family together. i know that you just think of her as your mum, but she is a person to, and needs love and growth and all the things that people want from life. if she can get them in texas, then don't be angry at her. she might need and want her family around when she is going through this hard time.





the situation is not ideal, but don't be too angry at either of your parents. they are people too, just like you, and neither of them have all the answers. they both will make mistakes and sometimes will want to put their desires first too. but it will never mean they love you any less - just that they need something else out of life as well.





i hope that makes sense. good luck. it can be a hard time, but i am sure your friends will stay in touch no matter what you decide to do.
  • rosacea treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment