Friday, April 30, 2010

I need some advice on divorce in two states CT and PA?

My girlfriend is trying to get divorced so she can retain full custody of her child and I need some advice on how and what to do and if anyone knows a good lawyer, we are short on cash and need help. He is abusive and controlling and he has put out threats to me and my girlfriend and he has had a restraining order but it just lifted. PLEASE PLEASE we need help. I want this to happen so that I can adopt her and we can be a family and not have this to deal with on a day to day basis. Also he stalks her and that's why she ran away from him with her child. If you can help that would be appreciated. Thank youI need some advice on divorce in two states CT and PA?
In order for you to adopt her child you usually need the biological father to sign over his parental rights. Since he's abusive, its not likely that he will. If you cannot afford a lawyer, contact legal aid and ask how this parental rights can be waived, I have heard of it in some cases such as yours.


No one wants to leave a child in the custody of, or around an abusive person. I do believe there are ways to waive him signing over his rights and allow you to adopt, however most states require you two to be married first.I need some advice on divorce in two states CT and PA?
Go on these websites





http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/ObjectID/796DE8B4-2417-4175-80714E5DCCE20C75/





http://www.agoodlawyer.com/





http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/medCBA.html





http://articles.directorym.com/Divorce_Connecticut-r1036-Connecticut.html
Which state are you in? Can you get another restraining order? Try researching 'legal aid' and see what you can find. States usually have a law clinic. You definitely need a lawyer on this one. Please tell me what state you are in and I could help look for you.
In PA, child custody is never ';settled.'; IOW, either party can always ask the court to reconsider the matter.





The children and youth services center in PA can help with the rest. I don't know about CT.
CT %26amp; PA? 2 states? That's illegal!
  • rosacea treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment