Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Divorce/ Lawyer advice needed...ASAP?

Here's the situation.....I have a lawyer because I recently got divorced. The divorce is now finalized. My husband (ex i guess) of 15 years was military...but has retired, well he was ordered by the judge to pay me half of what he earned meanwhile all the years which we were together. Now what my husband did was transferred the money into his different accounts, I know this because I once saw a couple statements - but that resulted in me getting hit very badly and having to go to the emergency room.





The divorce is over with, and I do get some compensation but not much. I mean I went through a lot with this man. I want to know if I should pay my lawyer - or another lawyer...to do further research? Are there private detectives that research records, because my lawyer did a horrible job a obtaining more information. She didnt even conttact the Military Legal department which would have furnished more information to her. Any advise would greatly be appreciated!!!!Divorce/ Lawyer advice needed...ASAP?
call the state bar, of whatever state you are in...like google ';alabama state bar';. explain your situation to them. they will refer you to a lawyer who can take your case. but tell them you want them to work off of a contingency fee basis which means they do not take any money up front, the offer free consultation and thier fees come out of the settlement. then when you contact the attorney, tell him your situation and tell him you do feel like your other lawyer did enough research. explain everything, have dates, have proof.....please have all your stuff ready when you call the lawyer....its so rude when people call me and tell me they want to start a new case and then say ';well all my information is elsewhere';....well...COME ON! what did you think i wouldent need all the info?? hello!Divorce/ Lawyer advice needed...ASAP?
Hiring a lawyer for minor legal problems can be expensive, but there are websites like LawGuru, FindLaw and other places where you can get free legal advice. I found this website useful - http://www.uelp.org/freelegal.html
never keep a lawyer your not happy with , because you kept the lawyer through your divorce you have to pay him . chalk this up as a learning expierence. hire a new lawyer or private dectetive to get more info.
Notify a new lawyer about the bank statements and also make sure to name the bank too.

No comments:

Post a Comment