Friday, April 30, 2010

Not finished with divorce and getting deployed (army), advice?

I鈥檓 deploying in just under a month, I鈥檓 also in my last stage of divorce, obviously I can't show up to a court date if it is scheduled for after I leave, is there any way I can protect my self from being a no-show. I'm very scared for what ever the worst case scenario is, please any helpful advice would be very welcomedNot finished with divorce and getting deployed (army), advice?
Talk to your lawyer or get one if you don't have one. I know that there are protections in place for deployed servicemen, but you need to check on this ASAP!Not finished with divorce and getting deployed (army), advice?
All you need is your orders. I suggest talking to your SGT or company commander and see what they can do for you. Typically the courts aren't going to fault you for not being there if you're deployed. In fact, I think there's the exception to that rule.





The only issue I can see as far as the deployment and divorce go is if you have kids, a judge will be hesitant to put them with you if you're gone all the time.





If you do have a custody hearing, I suggest giving a close family member power of attorney t fight for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment