Friday, April 30, 2010

I need some Advice (((A DIVORCE LAWYER WOULD BE NICE)))?

I need some Advice from a divorce lawyer... My husband of 11 years, but I have been with him for 17 is coming into some money in a law suite from Work men's Compensation Aug 25Th he should know how much he will get... I want to get a divorce from him because he JUST cheated on me and over the 17 yrs has cheated many times... He said if I go file now he will not give me anything, but if I stay he will give me what he feels he should... He said he got hurt not me and I should be lucky to get what he gives me... My question I guess is how do I go about getting some of it? I THINK I should get half of it (right) when he gets the check it's in his name... I will not even no when he gets it... So what can I do?? I know I'm saying this all wrong I have not slept in 4 day's and this is driving me insane... ~~~I need HELP~~~I need some Advice (((A DIVORCE LAWYER WOULD BE NICE)))?
The judgment has been officially signed? If you're entitled to any of the money, it might not matter that it is not yet in hand. In other words, filing now might not save him from having to give you anything. In fact it might be better so that you establish your claim NOW. You really should make an appointment with a divorce attorney. In fact, get an initial consultation with some of the best ones around. Even though you will only hire one, the ones who have given you a free consultation ethically can't represent HIM if he goes to them after you do.





Don't forget, since your marriage lasted at least 10 years, you may be eligible for some of your husband's Social Security benefits one day.I need some Advice (((A DIVORCE LAWYER WOULD BE NICE)))?
%26lt;check with a lawyer licensed in your area%26gt;


The STRICT rule is that - in the event of a divorce - he would get the portion of award that is pain and suffering and future medical bills, and YOU would get a portion (presumptively 1/2) of the ';lost wages'; component.


The problem is that the award is almost never broken down this way. It is almost always just $xx,xxx and you have to argue tohis lawyer or the judge how much you should get.
You are entitled to your community property portion of the pay off. It may not be 1/2 but you have an interest in it. File for divorce and file a motion with the court requesting the pay off be frozen and placed into a trust account until such time as your interest in the same is decided.





You should hire an attorney for this one.
Your right to part of the settlement depends on the state in which you live. It will not matter if you file now or later since the final divorce settlement will take months to complete anyway. If you file now, your attorney can draft a separation agreement that will help protect your financial interests until your divorce is final. Good luck. No one deserves to live with a cheater - no matter how much $$$ is involved.
I think most state divorce law would split the assets of a divorcing couple in half. You will have to consult with a divorce attorney anyway. You definitely will want to protect your rights when you do start divorce proceedings.
You have probably been freeloading?? Try getting a job and support yourself.
I'm not a divorce lawyer, and I have an idea that people who get paid hundreds of dollars to do something don't turn around and do it for free, hon.


He got hurt not you, so it is his money. While you are married to him, what is his is yours, but if you divorce him, none of that money is yours.


If you're in a situation like you've been supporting him for years on your income because he's disabled, then you might have a case, but probably not.


If you want the money, you've got to stay married to him, so decide if it's worth it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment