Friday, April 30, 2010

Advice on divorce... my husband left 4 months ago. I applied for child assistance through the state...?

advice on divorce... my husband left 4 months ago. I applied for child assistance through the state... my husband has been s major jerk and particularly hates the idea of going through the courthouse. and has threatened me so that I won't do it that way... if I go through with it my unemployed husband will be ordered to pay $375. for 2 kids for three years. if I wait until feb. I can put 2 k towards an attorney and might be able to be ';awarded'; twice that much. which would you choose and why? thanks..Advice on divorce... my husband left 4 months ago. I applied for child assistance through the state...?
If you are getting assistance, the state will go after your ex-husband for the awarded amount, which then goes to the state. Call a Legal Aid office and see if you can get representation for a divorce case. They or someone should be able to help you. Good luck.Advice on divorce... my husband left 4 months ago. I applied for child assistance through the state...?
an attorney and through the courthouse. Don't let him intimidate you any further. If he isn't court ordered to pay, how can you ever force him to do it. The courts will make it their responsibility to collect the money if you go through the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment