Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Divorce experts? advice please?

my husband left 5 days ago. we are coming up on our 14 year anniversary. we have two kids. I was working thirty hours a week but he never came home this weekend and I missed work and was fired. He usually doesn't keep a job. he is a great musician but does not make a living at it. I got him a job 2 weeks ago staining decks.. seasonal. It is about $500 a week. he says he'll give us $250 or more a week for child support but if I file he will f-ck with me. He has only held a job 1/2 the time we have been together. but he could make decent money as a telecommuting web designer. Our fights are dysfunctional in several ways. but.. He always plays the victim and talks nasty about me to assert his will over the situation. He has only called once and asked to speak with the kids and they were busy taking a bath. that was two days ago and he hasn't called since. he moved out to live the adolescent life. partying and playing music. starting a band. it is not a decent place for kids to stay. he may become successful in his new band. but has zero concern and or empathy for me and what he is putting me through. My wife instinct says stand by him and or try to make an arrangement with him. my mother instinct says get pissed file for child support tomorrow. Our rental is in his name, our bills are in his name and our vehicles are in his name. and his mother has always helped us financially. I was working till fired. I homeschool. and I am working on my 3rd year of college hoping to someday be a doctor. I am not certain what the best course of action is. Does anyone have advice for me after reading this?Divorce experts? advice please?
Wow, it looks like you two are leading into separate lives. It's going to be very hard for a year, but try to let him go unless he mans up and takes charge (doesn't sound likely from your description) I suggest becoming financially independent, and try to find a friend or family member to help out with the children. If you bring up divorce and move away for a while, he might change his tune, but don't rely on it until you witness it for yourself. Everyone deserves a second chance. But not a third.Divorce experts? advice please?
Yes try to make it work. Things happen.
great musician but doesnt make living at it........well I guess not great enough....lol





feel bad for ya dear - you need to be responsible to be a parent and its obvious he isnt willing to be an adult - you can live in a dream world if your single and dont have people depending on you - but hubby does and he refuses to give up his own personal ambition to help make a live with you and those kids -





divorce expert cant really help your situation dear -





you can file child support with state - but if he doesnt have regular job - they cant really garnish wages to make sure you get paid automatically - you really have to sit with him and come up with a plan -





I wish you well - good luck in college - i hope someday all your struggling will pay off and you will be very happy with your new life and your kids will appreciate all YOU had to do for those kids since he isnt part of the solution but rather part of the problem!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment