Friday, April 30, 2010

Does anyone have advice on divorce and custody in Nebraska?

I'm worried that my husband will not leave our house and I will have to. I would have been gone weeks ago but I run a daycare from our home. If I leave I'm afraid I will not get custody because I will not have an income, and will be living with my mother and sharing a room with my two year old.





However I am his primary care provider. I am home with him all day. I care for him in the evenings. I bath him, feed him, take him to appointments, do his laundry, grocery shopping, ect.





My ';husband'; decided to get a second job, even though our income was fine. I believe he may have taken this job to get away from me, or to look better in court with a huge income. He makes a little more than doubble what I make and if I pack up and leave will I still stand a chance of getting custody without a home or job?





I will not loose my son but I will not stay with this beast. Unfortunately I can't prove him to be a bad father, he does not do drugs, does not smoke... however he also does not care about our child. As I said he works all the time and even when he's home I have to take our son with me to go shopping or to the library to do homework (i'm a full time student). He belittles me and treats me like crap, even in front of our son and my daycare kids. Call me names, curses, throws things.





I can not live with him anymore, anyone have advice on ensuring custody?





(I'm also pregnant, not sure if that matters)Does anyone have advice on divorce and custody in Nebraska?
good thing he has second job he'll need it to pay the child support. if you own the home it will have to be sold and profits split 50/50 or you get to stay there and split mortgage paymentsDoes anyone have advice on divorce and custody in Nebraska?
You don't ever leave your home.


He has to leave not you. This is your home and this is where you raise your family and have a business.


If he doesn't want to leave - limit him to where he can go in the house - make it miserable for him.
He calls you names, curses and throws things so you let him impregnate you again. What were you thinking? It's likely that you will retain physical custody, but that he will be granted liberal visitation. If you breastfeed the baby, visitation would be delayed due to that (only of the baby).





Abusive men often threaten to take the kids as a means of control. Don't let him scare you.





Call 800.799.SAFE for some local domestic violence resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment