Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Parents are getting a divorce so any advice???

1) DON'T BLAME URSELF!!!


2) If ur parents start bad-mouthing another parent, stand up 4 the other parent in a respectful way


3) Hang tight...and know things will get easier


4) Ur parents love u....just things didn't work out between them


5) Hold onto ur sibs, and hang close


6) Remember...the storm will pass....and though it's gonna be hard...u'll make it! :DMy Parents are getting a divorce so any advice???
Speaking from experience...don't fall into the trap of picking sides. Be open minded and love them both as they love you.





Sometimes relationships don't work out, but they are your parents. Whether or not they are together doesn't change your ties to them.My Parents are getting a divorce so any advice???
Hmm....some ideas:





Totally be honest with them about they getting divorced





Dont '; accidently '; create fights/arguments between them





Take turns staying with ur mom or dad





Etc...





Hope this helps! Good luck!
Try to be there for them and try not to pick sides it isn;t going to be easy for any of u
see a counseler. it may sound bad but they can help alot with questions that you have, and they will listen to whatever you have to say. they really do help you understand what you need to do in certain situations and how you should feel about things and when to talk to your parents and all those aspects. group counseling is the best way to go. good luck it sucks now but you will be ok.
My parents are divorced too. When they were splitting up, I would go and stay with my mom every weekend and try to get them back together. I discovered that that doesn't work. I'm sure they both love and care about you. Just be yourself with them and understand that it is not your fault, that was so important to me to finally understand that their divorce wasn't really my fault like I thought it was. It will be difficult for awhile, but, things will get better. My mom and dad have both remarried, so I have my dad and step mom and my mom and step dad. My step dad treats us kids like abslute gold. He has 3 kids of his own. He is a wonderful step dad. So, it will be ok, you'll be ok, trust me. I know it won't seem like it for awhile, but, things have a way of working out, you'll see.
well, do you know why they getting divorce? you have to do your best to make them harmonious again. i can't tell you how coz everybody have different taste.





but if you think that you have try as hard as you can and they still got divorce then you have to know that it is the best way. i think you don't want to heard them fighting everyday, do you?. and im sure that they still love you no matter what.
My parents got divorced when I was 5 and I was happy about it. They were 2 good people they just sucked as a couple. And my parents both continued to be good parents. If you have good parents you will not suffer from their divorce but they will make sure you are okay in every way and it will give you more one on one time with them. Even though it does stink that one parent no longer lives at home you will even adjust to that as well . And look at the bright side you now will have two homes where you are loved.
Pretend ur still a family keep urself and ur self esteem up, itll be allright , but I know its hard. Dont let ur grades or whatever u care about fall, ull regret it later, dont let ur parents force ur life to be ,iserable. Ur not alone almost 1/8 of the families in the US are thinking of a divorce or have had one.
well first off im very sad about for your family.





i would be prepared for a lot of switching back and forth between your parents.





try to get answers on why they are divorcing.





MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR PARENTS YOU LOVE THEM VERY MUCH, they will need extra love for a long time.





im am sorry buts all i can give you since my mom%26amp;dad arent divorced, and i only now these thinks through sevral of my friends, and they dont like to talk about it much..


again im very sorry for your family.
just be supportative of both parents, know they will always love you, hope for the best and know that life always go on, it has to!!!!!!!!!!.








best regards


pretty
Love them both, don't take sides, evaluate your decisions based on what is best for you (deciding who to live with), don't play your parents against each other (Daddy bought me a car, what are you going to buy me? Mommy lets me do this at her house!!!) get your school work done, get good grades, attend church, date people that your parents like until you are out of their houses and on your own, make sure they know where you are and are going, introduce them to all of your friends, do your chores, and for God's sake:





STAY OUT OF THEIR WAY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
well my parents arent divorced but most of my friends' parents are, and i know that they are still close with both of their parents. just don't be too upset, because you will still get to see both of them

No comments:

Post a Comment