Sunday, December 27, 2009

Desperate child seeking divorce advice?

My parents have been seperated for 2 months now, but have not filed for divorce yet. Of course I'm having to go through an emotional roller coaster, and no one's there to lisen or care. I'm living with my mom and she's been dating this guy. I really don't care if she dates, but I've told her that I'd appreciate it if she'd let me get uset to the idea of divorce before seriously dating. She'll agree, but then turn around and do innapropriate things with him in front of me. Like today I walked into the kitchen and saw their faces barely an inch away from each other and he had his hand on her ***. When I confront her she'll get into an argument with me; saying ';oh, you were imagining things.'; or ';you know we're just friends.'; Another thing is that he introduced me as his step daughter at a party, and she didn't even care. But I introduced him as my moms boyfriend and she went completely apesh!t on me, saying that I was embarassing her. She'll side with him on anything and it's like I don't even matter anymore.It's almost as if she's reverting back to her 20's and doesn't want to bother with her child. Also, she will never answer her cellphone for me, even when I was home with the stomach flu. However, it's a life or death situation if she doesn't answer for him.





In a nutshell, I confront her on everything and she'll defend him to the goddamn death. What can/should I do?Desperate child seeking divorce advice?
Talk to a counselor at school. Ask them to contact both of your parents and discuss your concerns. Your Mom isn't respecting your feelings, she should be more focused on making sure your handling the separation properly than exposing you to inappropriate kissing or touching from another man while she is technically still married. I agree she has lost focus, if she isn't answering her phone when you call, and introducing the brand new boyfriend as your step dad.





Speak to a teacher or counselor soon. Unless you'll have to wait until they file for divorce and go through mediation for visitation and custody but then you'll have to tell your Dad what's going on. Desperate child seeking divorce advice?
I'm sorry you're in this situation. Your mother is certainly more interested in herself right now. It might be good if you could live with your Dad instead of her. Is there a school counselor or mentor you could talk with?
Wow that's a tough one. How long have your parents been together? Well first off your mom isn't divorced, so why is she seeing another man anyways. My mom and her husband just went through the same thing except it was vice versa. Your mother is only thinking about herself. Which is completely wrong. She needs to put you first and your other siblings as well if you have any. Sit down and talk with your mom, if she doesn't listen or start putting you first explain that you think it would be better if you went and stayed with your dad. If thats what you think is best.








20 years is a long time. So things won't heal easily. Do you have grandparents or any other family members you could stay with for the time being. Still explain to your mother that you think it would be best if you didn't stay with her until she starts putting YOU first.
You have not said much about your dad, if your relationship with him is good you might want to see if you can live with him. Or maybe your grandparents, Aunts or such. I went through this as a child as well and it is horrible that she is not listening to you. Not to mention that she is still married, is even rougher, I would write her a letter telling her everything that is on your mind about her, her boyfriend, father and life in general, this will be good therapy for you as well. And be sure to ell her that you feel that you are no longer important to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment