Thursday, December 31, 2009

My parents are getting a divorce!? Need advice!?

I am so mad at my dad because of it he apologized for ignoring me last night should I forgive him?My parents are getting a divorce!? Need advice!?
Just talk to him . . .Divorce sucks and is hard on EVERYONE. He's hurting too and probably didn't even realize he was ignoring you. You don't have to decide whether to forgive him right now, just keep the communication channels open and try not to focus on yourself. I find that when I focus on others it usually makes it easier for me to handle things.





I'm sorry you have to go through this - if I were there I'd give you a big hug!My parents are getting a divorce!? Need advice!?
do not take sides, this is not about you... you would be better to talk to a family member about your feelings and stress rather than sharing with either of your parents at this time.


they have enough to deal with, do not get caught in between their struggle.. do not pit once against the other.


you love them both no matter what, remember that, do not get caught in the bad mouthing of either parent.


Stay out of it and keep busy....get involved in your school, hobby or volunteering....
He apologized - If he is sincere, forgive him.
have you ever ignored someone before?.I'm not trying to be sarcastic when i say that,my point is that what might help is when we get upset at someone just try to see if you have done the same thing to someone else and that might help you not to be so angry or stressed about it..sorry about your parents.Mine had a divorce to years ago.A lot of parents get divorces now a days.It's hard to stay married these days.
whta happens in ur parents relationship is none of ur bees-wax.





now as for him ignoring u, yeah forgive him, grudge can kill u if hold on to it.





鈾€鈾モ檪
yes, trust me, over the years, your parents will piss you off lots more, you got plenty of time to hate them when they are dead
Your parents are getting a divorce from each other,they are not divorcing you.You will always be their child and as such there should always be respect amongst all of you.You definitely should accept your father's apology.
Why wouldn't you forgive your dad for it. In all honesty its no ones fault. Weather it be that they no longer love each other, or they just don't get along. In the long run it would be better for them to separate then stay together and be miserable. Trust me I know from experience. Give your dad a chance.
Yes, forgive and forget.





I'm sorry to hear that they are getting divorced. But it's not because of you. Sometimes people can get along for awhile, and then they grow apart. don't take blame for it but just let them BOTh know you love them okay?
you need to try to talk to him, if that doesnt work talk to your mom. my parents got a divorce when i was 5 and ever since then i havent been able to talk to my parents about much of anything esp my dad. i was able to talk to my mom alittle bit more than my dad but thats only because i lived with her. no matter what anyone says, the kids are the ones that always have it tougher in a divorce, believe i know from experience. keep trying to talk to your dad cause if you dont in the future when you do have to talk to him you will be too nervous to say anything to him like i am with my dad
You need to mellow, my parents are divorce and its the best thing for them. Your parents or Dad is trying to make sense of his life right now and he needs to be alone for awhile and he ignored you. At least when he figured it out he said he was sorry. Everything is going to be rocky for a time but your dad and most likely your mom to are doing there best given the situation. Forgiving him for something like that would make you and him feel better. Maybe more him than you but he is human just remember that.
well sweetie you are up to some hard days ahead of you. i suggest that you tell your parents that you are neutral so that they wont say anything hurtful to you about the other parent. and about your dad ignoring you, please don't take it personal, cause he is going through a lot right now, a divorce is never good. i would find a close friend that you can talk to about this, that way if you do get mad or sad you can go to that friend.
Your parents are going through a rough time. The reason for ignoring you was probaly bc he had a lot on his mind. Forgive him and try to understand that it is harder for him to get through it!
Always forgive he is your dad and you don't get another one.
Your dad probably has a lot on his mind now. I know that's not an excuse for him ignoring you, but you should give him a break. Divorce is really hard on everyone. Try and forgive him so that he doesn't have any more worries than he does now.


Hang in there, it will get better.
You DEFINITELY should forgive your dad! The thing is, nothing is ever as it seems. Your parents BOTH have issues. Just because they don't love each other anymore, doesn't mean they don't love you. You could totally be wrong about the divorce all being your father's fault. Mom's aren't innocent little angels, you know - they do bad stuff too.


Just love them both, despite their problems. They sure love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment