Sunday, December 27, 2009

Divorce advice according to indian divorce act?

I got married in March 2008. Now things are not working out since August 2008. My wife and her family is asking me to come to india and sign the documents. I asked to one of my friend who use to practice law in india about this. He said that if they are demanding divorce than they have to file application in india. Than i can appoint lawyer over there and my lawyer will do all the necessary procedures. We have already hired services of lawyer but they are not at all ready to cooperate. They want me to come to india.


1. I want to know what harm can they do to me in UK.


2. On what grounds they can get one-sided divorce.


3. What procedures should i follow to safeguard myself and my family in case it becomes necessary to go to india.


4. How much compensation they can ask.


5. Under which section (if possible) i can get separated while i am in UK.





we have been cooperating fully but i think our lawyer is not a tough guy. I think he is taking things too lightly. Still i have not signed vaakilatnamu with this lawyer.Divorce advice according to indian divorce act?
Jeez... Only 6 months of marriage? Immigration and the divorce will take longer than that in most cases.





You sure you don't just want to try to do a little marriage counciling?

No comments:

Post a Comment