Sunday, December 27, 2009

Daughter to Mother Divorce Advice?

My mom is going through a really long and messy divorce with a huge jerk. He is using lies to try and win the case, but she is an honest person and won't stoop that low. She keeps asking for advice and really seems to need a ';cheerleader'; to keep her focused and fighting through this trying time, and not getting sad. Is there any advice, books, quotes, or authors that I can talk to her about to keep her positive and staying the course? Thanks.Daughter to Mother Divorce Advice?
The book of Proverbs has great wisdom in it, and the book of Psalms is full of emotion. I would recommend both!Daughter to Mother Divorce Advice?
Take her out. Do a girls day out and when she says, ';What a wonderful day'; or ';I'm so happy to do this with you'; then you tell her...you'll be just as happy once you get past this divorce. My mom is still married to my daddy. And I love him, but I've had to tell her, ';Mom, as your daughter my heart would break if you and daddy divorced, but woman to woman....you need to be sure that you are happy. If he isn't the man you married, leave him and we'll start a chapter of our lives.'; She might feel a bit of abandonment (that's why people don't like goodbyes) so, make sure she knows you are in her corner. She doesn't need advice, she needs support. One good book ';The Rules';. That wll get her back into herself.
Most likely she's trying to take half his assets, so maybe the ';lies'; are not lies, and you just don't know the truth, being that you are only the child. Maybe she's lying to get his money? I cannot give advice to someone who may very well be the gold-digger, although I am not saying she necessarily is.
If it's your dad, and you are telling her that he's a jerk, that should be very convincing!! You're a good daughter - I'm sure she appreciates your support!





Judge Judy has written a few books that may be helpful to her. Good luck!
She don't need any damn books or quotes. What she needs is a vicious attorney who will chew her soon to be ex up and spit him out like nails.
the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment