Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need Divorce advice badly can you help? its confusing!! kinda?

Ok here is the thing I was married in May of 2007 and we were seperated by Jan of 2008. I filed for divorce in June only to find out she was pregnant with another mans child.(in Oklahoma I couldn't divorce a Pregnant woman?) Anyways, So on Thanksgiving night I hear she was in a sever car accident where the had to make a premature delivery (her baby was due in Jan) they both survived and she will need some rehab. What I need to know is What do I do now I know the baby isn't mine and is there anyway she can pin anything on me? doctor bills or baby wise? Sorry if I confused you. I need Divorce advice badly can you help? its confusing!! kinda?
You've rec'd some great answers here. First, the DNA test is the thing that needs to be done immediately. If she won't consent to it, you can get a court order to demand a DNA test to prove paternity. Once the baby is proven not to be yours, you are removed from all responsibility for the child.





However since you are still legally married you will be responsible for her medical care and/or therapy because she is most likely on your insurance.





I hate to break this to you, but you have OK law wrong. OK law states that you can file for a fault based divorce if: the wife pregnant by another at the time of the marriage. Ugh, you could have avoided all of this unfortunately (http://document-do-it-yourself-service.c鈥?/a>





I would file now, and I do suggest getting a lawyer to sort all this insurance and DNA out. Its necessary to make sure you don't get hit with the baby's medical bills or child support.I need Divorce advice badly can you help? its confusing!! kinda?
I thought I saw this on a ';made for TV movie';..lol.. You say you could not divorce a pregnant woman... who is having ';another mans baby';... Are you kidding??? That is why you ';do'; divorce her. First of all what is the statues of the divorce at this time? You really want to talk to a lawyer and you do want to get a test to see if the baby is yours. If you go to court and say you are getting a divorce on the grounds of ';Adultery'; You will have a better case when the bills or child support happen.
What about an annulment? Is that not legal also? Do you know who the father is? Have him served with papers for wrecking your marriage (I know it took two). He needs to own up to being the father.





If that doesn't work...take it to Maury.
I thought you could get a marriage anulled, if it don't last at least a year. And DNA is the best way to go about concernig the baby.
Check websites there are a bunch of sites that can help. With her in another state it changes some things.
If you get a paternity test done, I highly doubt it.
doctor bills for herself,yes. if she was on your insurance. the accident wasn't baby related and you don't have a divorce.by not having a divorce in some states you are responible for her and the baby.you keep to research the laws in your state,ask an attorney for advice and get a dna test to prove the child is not yours. submit the dna test to your insurance company and get prove that you have been separated for sometime. the insurance company may not pay for her medical bills. remember DNA test and prove of separation.submit the papers to any place she try to pin anything on you ,good luck!
The father of the baby is responsible for HIS child, which a DNA test would prove is his. He should take full responsibility for this child. I didn't understand if your divorce is still pending or not, so am not clear on that fact. I would highly recommend you go to your Family Court in the county where you reside %26amp; tell them of your situation. Look it up in your phone book. They are super people %26amp; w/do everything in their power to assist you. From what you stated, I don't feel you two are living together, but am not sure of that either. But, the father of the child should be totally responsible for HIS child %26amp; this should not be on you as it's not your baby. Go ck. w/the Family court %26amp; I can promise you they w/be glad to assist you w/the other situation. I wish you the best...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment